Search This Blog

Friday, November 22, 2013

I Was Given the Number 10

Growing into me, with a little help from my friends.

Ten things you may not know about me.

1.       My Mom and Dad owned a gas and mercantile store when I was growing up.  They gave people credit based on their word, not credit cards.  They gave a lot of free gas and groceries away.
 
2.       Paula Gaskin sealed our friendship in 1st grade by giving me her color crayons.  She later took them from me, but it didn’t matter.  We’ve been lifelong best friends ever since. 

3.       I used to pass notes in school.  My notes always came back spelling and grammar corrected by Paula Gaskin.  Who needs English teachers with a friend like that! 

4.       Because I passed notes in school, I missed a lot of Algebra lessons.  Paula spent time teaching me what I missed in class.  Due to her tutoring I won the Algebra Awards instead of her. 

5.       Those road signs “Bridge Ices before Road” are true!!!  I almost killed Laurie Mathes while driving her RX7 a little too fast when we hit an icy overpass on I10.  We did multiple hydroplane circles across the bridge and should have plunged off the overpass when God intervened and saved us.   Not a scratch on us or her car.  Needless to say, Laurie took over driving the rest of the way home. 

6.       God is my number One.  He has blessed me with more than I ever imagined possible and then some.  God forgives and He never leaves when times get tough.   He sent me Jennifer Klassen and Terri Carter.  'Nough said.

7.       I’ve been very blessed to have a great twin brother, Mickey Peters.  My mom handmade matching outfits for us when we were little. Mickey is handsome, funny, smart, artistic and all things good.  But, he does have a bad temper which I’m proud to say I honed and developed over the course of our lives. 

8.       Look up “Clumsy” in the dictionary and you’ll see me.  I have the talent for finding that small patch of ice, wet floor, hole in the ground, or even on a perfectly flat surface will break-dance into a painful fall.   

9.       It’s taken me years to become comfortable with me.  If I could go back to my high school days, I would tell every girl at that age, “Don’t sweat it.” High school doesn’t define who you are, so don’t let it.  You can be ANYTHING you want.  Keep the power of becoming who you are with YOU.   And never forget you are the STAR of your own life.   

10.   I’m sexy most of the time!  I’ve learned sexy is not a size.  It’s feeling good in your own skin, regardless of physical flaws or what others think.  Sexy is letting go of regrets, laughing, being confident, smart, strong and finding good in a world of chaos. 

XOXOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment