Search This Blog

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Courtney McMillion - Rest in Peace, April 27, 2012

Courtney McMillion  Within a blink of an eye, our world can be turned upside down.  Death comes every day; one day for us.

One of my childhood friends lost her daughter yesterday.  She was only 23 years old! So young and beautiful.  I don't have too much detail, but understood it was very sudden.  Speculations of an aneurysm.

I am so heartbroken for Margaret and her family.  No parent should have to see their children pass before them.  It's unnatural and tragic.  Losing a love one is devastating, but losing someone so young, in their prime has to be one of the hardest things.  I know God has a plan for all of us.  He won't give us more than we can bear.  But, this seems unbearable. 

Perhaps there is some small comfort to know that Courtney, in her too short life, left lasting memories for those that knew her well, for the family that raised and adored her, for the fiance' that planned his life  with her, and for the rest that only had fleeting moments.  We will remember.

Tonight I want to hold my family close and tell them I love them more than I can say.  Life is too short and the next blink may change our lives forever.  Don't waste another moment in regret.  Even the shortest moment should be as if it's your last.

May you rest in peace dear Courtney.  Another angel takes flight.

XOXOXO



3 comments:

  1. Courtney was our little boy's teacher. He loved her and ofter told her how pretty she was. He called her "Miss Millon" and looked forward to seeing her every day. We are trying to figure out how to break the news to him before school tomorrow. I loved getting to know Courtney. I visited with her nearly every morning as we waited for buses and kids. I will greatly miss her and feel much sorrow for Zac and her family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know Courtney for too long.. I actually met her through her fiance Zac at a tailgate. I just remember how friendly she was and how she immediately welcomed me to their crowd. She's opened her house to me numerous times and was always so friendly, we really did get along great for the amount of time we knew each other. She was a beautiful person inside and out and I really enjoyed the time I spent with her. She was full of spirit, laughter, spunk and all.. Words really cannot describe the genuine person she was. I still cannot believe the suddenness of this whole thing and just need to remember she's in a better place and we will all be lucky enough to be with her again one day.


    God bless her, her family, the Norris family and all her friends who are having a hard time with this unfortunate tragedy. You will be missed Courtney!

    ReplyDelete